Tuesday 11 May 2010

STYLISA chats to Fashion Blogger Extraordinaire Susie Bubble

We were lucky enough to get the chance to speak to the fashion blogger phenomenon that is Susie Bubble....

 





Hey Susie,
Thanks so much for taking the time out of your fashion blog to speak to us…

Firstly, tell us what inspired you to start your fashion blog?
I wish there was some sort of motivating 'inspiration' story.  There isn't.  I really was just bored one day at my job in digital advertising (this was four years ago...) and decided to set up a blog in my lunch hour.  I was reading a handful of blogs at the time (though there weren't as many as there are now!) but I really just wanted a hobby to occupy my time and something to channel my love of fashion into. 

How do you feel about the amazing response that your blog has had?
 It's not something I think about and to be honest, my blog's progress has been a gradual one... it's not some overnight success so I've just been taking things in one step at a time...

What have been some of the highlights for you, in relation to the success of your blog?
So many... getting shot by Elle for their Closet Confidential feature, getting photographed by Nick Knight for i-D, travelling to places and experiencing fashion on a heightened level... and above all, meeting friends through these blogging excursions that have gone on to become some of my closest friends.

Describe a typical day in the blogging world of Susie Bubble? 
It depends.... at the moment, I'm travelling a lot and there are also press days for A/W 10-11 going on so one day, I could be out and about, running errands, seeing designers, seeing PRs, doing research or sat at home staring at my iMac screen all day long. 

How do you think the world of fashion blogging will evolve in the next five years?
I think it will just become a established fashion medium and other bloggers will obviously rise to the top....

How would you define your own style?
Eclectic. Experimental. Full of contrasts.

Who are your style icons?
I don't actually have one!

What three items in yur wardrobe could you not live without?
A vintage NY Mets t-shirts - it's a comfort thing!  My Luxirarare 'booby' jacket and American Apparel grey jersey vests - key to wearing sheer things over on top.

Finally, what are your favourite key looks for Spring/Summer 2010?
Anything pastel, floaty, sheer and full of embroidery!

Check out Susie'd blog here

5 comments:

  1. Nice read and I love the fact she said her blog progress was a gradual process and she loves PASTELS....woohoo..lol

    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's great. I agree that it's a gradual process, so there's our inspiration to stick with it!

    Tamia
    TheStyleSample

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent blog - fantastic interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to reading the STYLISA blogs... I think blogging is the way forward. Its much more trusted than magazine articles as they have a personal touch and are written by an individual rather than for a company! I think @amandalee_x is also a fantastic blogger! :) X

    ReplyDelete